Adult Weekend Camp - Skaters
Enjoy a great weekend in the Adirondacks! The site of the 1980 Miracle on Ice. Our outstanding coaches will perform miracles for you. Your room is just a short walk from the Olympic Ice Arena, home of the CAN/AM weekend camp.
Enjoy convenient ice times which allow you the opportunity to explore Lake Placid.
Make this a special hockey holiday! Bring a guest or your family and together you can enjoy the premier autumn and summer seasons in Lake Placid!
Resident Camp Package Includes:
- 12 hours of on ice instruction beginning Thursday evening and ending Sunday morning.
- 2 hours on-ice Thursday evening.
- 4 hours on-ice Friday divided into two 2-hour sessions.
- 4 hours on-ice Saturday divided into two 2-hour sessions.
- 2 hours on-ice Sunday morning.
- Daily Power Skating Sessions with focus on developing balance, agility, and speed.
- Individual on-ice instruction including stick handling, passing, receiving, and shooting.
- Position specific training for forwards & defensemen including offensive and defensive zone play, face-offs, scoring techniques, power play, and penalty killing.
- Individual video feedback and instruction.
- Instructional small area games and scrimmages to emphasize and implement new skill development.
- Interactive lectures on strategy and play-making.
- “Techniques and Tactics” off-ice sessions to set the foundation for on-ice skill development.
- Stretching and Flexibility Sessions.
Additional Package Details:
- 4 days 3 nights accommodations at the Hotel North Woods.
- Meet and Greet Reception Thursday evening.
- Friday & Saturday Breakfast and Sunday morning pre-practice snack.
- Friday Dinner.
- Saturday Evening Banquet.
- Official Personalized (Name and #) CAN/AM jersey and matching socks.
- Team photo.
- CAN/AM Camp souvenir.
- Camp Workbook to supplement your training and to help you continue to improve throughout your season.
- Optional recreation includes activities such as visiting the Olympic venues, biking, hiking, tennis, water sports, and golf!