Girls Elite Training
Sacrifice, sweat, and countless hours of repetition and practice! Hockey success requires more than talent alone. It takes the will to compete and win! The determination to push yourself to your limit and beyond.
All campers in our Girls Elite Camp will be travel players expected to arrive ready for a challenge! We will surround your camper with enthusiastic and professional coaches with the tools necessary to provide a week of demanding, hard work to help push them to the next level. If you want to give your child the best chance for a successful season next year, this is the program!
The Girls Elite Camp is an advanced program designed exclusively for Travel, All-Star and Rep Team players. Applicants are required to submit a resume with their application.
Learn and train under the men and women who have made it to the top level of women's international and collegiate hockey.
Click on the thumbnails for coach bios. We will be adding staff over the coming weeks so check back in!
Associate Head Coach Brock Badgers
2006 NCAA Champion Wisconsin Badgers
(Click image for bio)
Pro Hockey Player Brampton Thunder
Former Captain Ryerson University Rams
(Click image for bio)
Boarding and Day options. Girls Ages 12-15.
- 17 hours of intense on ice instruction with targeted training beginning Sunday evening and ending Saturday morning.
- Sunday evening skate & evaluation introduces you to the CAN/AM way and gives instructors their first chance to evaluate players.
- Monday-Friday: players will have two 90 minute sessions daily, each with specific skills and goals.
- Saturday session serves as a recap from the week and a chance to display enhanced skills during a final scrimmage.
- Personalized and individualized 5:1 player to instructor teaching ratio.
- Daily power skating sessions with a specialized power skating instructor to enhance stride strength, balance, speed, and agility.
- Daily specialized instruction on stickhandling, shooting and passing.
- Shooting: Develop a quick release and improve accuracy.
- Stickhandling: Develop puckhandling skills in tight areas and in the open ice.
- Passing: Improve your awareness as to where your teammates are at all times. Learn to execute pinpoint passes both on the forehand and backhand.
- Coverage: Learn how to cover your “area” as well as your opponent in all 3 zones (defensive, neutral, offensive).
- Time and Space: Learn when to “go” and when to “slow down” with and without the puck in game situations (special teams, odd-man rushes, even strength)
- Gap Control: Forwards will learn the importance of attacking the opposing defenseman and getting them on their heels. Defensemen will learn to keep their “gap” with the attacking forward in defending the prime scoring areas on the ice.
- Testing for skating speed, shot power, and shot accuracy.
- Instructional scrimmages for application and enhancement of shooting, skating and passing skills. Coaches will give feedback on the ice and on the bench.
- Personal video analysis of your individual style and skills – a CAN/AM coach gives you specific input and skill development tips using video feedback.
Off-Ice Instruction 3 hours
of targeted off-ice hockey training daily
including the following components:
- Foot Speed, Agility Training & Flexibility:
- Agility stations including ladder drills, Gorilla steps, Dot Drill mats, Power Slide boards, core strengthening via medicine balls and resistance bands, balance and flexibility training.
- Shooting Gallery:
- Improve your shooting accuracy off-ice with the Top Shot, interactive indoor shooting gallery.
- Increase shooting power with proper technique and repetition at our outdoor shooting gallery.
- Techniques & Tactics:
- Designed to introduce and reinforce on-ice concepts used during situational and positional play. By introducing these physical elements off-ice, we can help skaters focus on the mental and physical skills involved without having to worry about on-ice distractions. This leads skaters to a much greater understanding of the skill or concept in question.
- Team Challenge:
- Learning of what "TEAM" means is an important part of developing hockey players. You will learn the importance of such critical hockey team skills as desire, cooperation, trust, motivation and just plain hard work towards a common goal. This program is under the supervision of our special Team Challenge staff and instruction is geared towards safety as a priority.
- Interactive lectures focusing on your position and your questions. Topics covered:
- Review and critique of professional situations and breakdowns resulting in goals.
- Responsibilities of forwards & defensemen (Defensive, Neutral, and Offensive zones).
- Detailed walkthroughs for: breakouts, attacking the zone (triangle and cycling), face off positioning, and special teams.
- Understanding different goaltending styles and taking advantage of their weaknesses.
- Understand breakaway concepts and techniques. Know what to do when a goalie comes out from the net, how slowly or quickly to approach, what visual cues to look for and what final move to make.
- Pre-game preparation, in-game focus, and development of mental toughness and a winning attitude.
- Learning and bouncing back from a bad game.
- Proper nutrition for training.
- Hockey and higher education.
- Fitness Testing for flexibility, sprinting, endurance, and power.
- See how you measure up against hockey players of your age.
- Although hockey, both on and off the ice, is the focus at Camp, there are times set aside for recreation in order to relax, have fun and take a break from the concentrated hockey program.
Additional Package Details:
- 7 days 6 nights accommodations at double occupancy.
- Sunday camp registration 1:30pm-3:30pm and Opening Ceremonies.
- Sunday team dinner.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Monday-Friday.
- Breakfast Saturday morning.
- Saturday closing remarks, Awards Ceremonies, and check-out.
- CAN/AM camp souvenir.
- Official CAN/AM Camp jersey.
- Personal Scouting Report: Detailed end of week evaluation including coaches’ assessment based on your on-ice and off-ice progression and testing results.
- Training workbook to supplement your on-ice training and to guide you through on and off-ice workouts for the upcoming season.