Boarding and Day options. Ages 8-17.
When you don’t have time for a full week, spend 4 days working on your game. It’s a shorter version of our famous week long camp, but don’t let the shorter time fool you. We pack in a lot of instruction!
9 hours of quality on ice instruction with targeted daily training.
Goaltenders separated into small groups according to ages and ability to maximize learning .
Daily power skating sessions to enhance agility in movement, recovery, mobility, and foot speed.
Train and perfect individual skills such as stance, movement, angle play, rebound control, and puck handling.
Learn save selection and technique. Learn exactly how to read, react, and even dictate what happens during an offensive attack.
Use of screen boards, deflection boards, and mirrors to sharpen anticipation, reaction, and form.
Personal video analysis of your individual goaltending style and skills – a CAN/AM coach gives you specific input and skill development tips using video feedback.
Dedicated shooting staff capable of challenging any goaltender. Our shooters play at the pro, junior, collegiate, and AAA levels. We will adjust our shot speed and strength based on goalie age and experience.
- Day 1: 1½ hour on-ice session.
- Day 2: 3 hours on-ice divided into two 1 ½-hour sessions.
- Day 3: 3 hours on-ice divided into two 1 ½-hour sessions.
- Day 4: 1½ hour on-ice session.
3-4 hours of targeted off-ice hockey training daily training including the following components:
Foot Speed, Agility Training & Flexibility:
- Agility stations including ladder drills, Gorilla steps, Dot Drill mats, Power Slide boards), core strengthening via medicine balls and resistance bands, balance and flexibility training.
Read & React:
- Hand-eye coordination exercises, reflex and anticipation, along with mental and visualization techniques for control and confidence.
Techniques & Tactics:
- Designed to introduce and reinforce on-ice concepts used during situational and positional play. By introducing these physical elements off-ice, we can help goalies focus on the mental and physical skills involved without having to worry about on-ice distractions. This leads to a much greater understanding of the skill or concept in question.
- Learning of what "TEAM" means is an important part of developing hockey player. You will learn the importance of such critical hockey team skills as desire, cooperation, trust, motivation and just plain hard work towards a common goal. This program is under the supervision of our special Team Challenge staff and instruction is geared towards safety as a priority.
Interactive lectures focusing on the goalie position and your questions. Topics covered:
- Advantages and drawbacks of goaltending styles.
- Understand breakaway concepts and techniques. Know when to come out and how far, how quickly to back up, what visual cues to look for and what saves to make.
- Review and critique of professional situations, saves, and breakdowns resulting in goals.
- Goalie responsibilities.
- Pre-game preparation, In-game focus, and development of mental toughness and a winning attitude.
- Regrouping after a goal.
- Learning from and bouncing back from a bad game.
- Hockey and higher education.
- Although hockey, both on and off the ice, is the focus at Camp, there are times set aside for recreation in order to relax, have fun and take a break from the concentrated hockey program.
Additional Package Details:
4 days 3 nights accommodations at double occupancy.
Camp registration 1:30pm-3:30pm and Opening Ceremonies on Day 1.
Opening day team dinner.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Day 2 & 3.
Breakfast on Day 4.
Closing activities on the third day of camp.
Closing Remarks, Awards Ceremonies, and Check-Out on the last day.
CAN/AM Camp souvenir.
Official CAN/AM Camp jersey.
Personal Scouting Report: Detailed evaluation including coaches’ assessment based on your on-ice and off-ice progression.
Training workbook to supplement your on-ice training and to guide you through on and off-ice workouts for the upcoming season.
Day Camper Package:
Day camper schedules run from first ice to last ice, approximately an 8 hour day.
Includes all of the above program details except accommodations and certain meals.*
*Team dinner on Day 1 and one meal per day on Day 2 & 3 included. The daily meal offered falls in between ice sessions.
Super Day Camper Package:
Super Day camper schedules run from breakfast to the last activity of the day, a 12 to 14 hour day.
Includes all of the above program details except accommodations.
If you select both Mini Camp options you will not be assessed a stayover fee.
CAN/AM camp schedules include a full day of planned, organized activities from wake-up until bed-time. On-ice hockey training is supplemented with dynamic off-ice hockey training, lectures, and fitness work. Other fun recreation activities are also planned. Schedules are designed for age specific groups, matching activities to the campers’ ages.
There is constant supervision throughout the day and night. Counseling staff are with the group 24 hours a day, dedicated to the task of caring for your camper. Each activity is run by specific staff hired to focus solely on that activity, maximizing the potential for teaching and fun.