Boarding and Day options. Ages 8-17.
When you don’t have time for a full week, spend 4 days working on your game. It’s a shorter version of our famous week long camp, but don’t let the shorter time fool you. We pack in a lot of instruction!
9 hours of quality on ice instruction with targeted daily training.
Personalized and individualized 5:1 player to instructor teaching ratio
Daily power skating sessions to enhance stride strength, balance, speed, and agility.
Daily specialized instruction on stickhandling, shooting and passing.
Train and perfect individual skills:
- Day 1: 1½ hour on-ice session.
- Day 2: 3 hours on-ice divided into two 1 ½-hour sessions.
- Day 3: 3 hours on-ice divided into two 1 ½-hour sessions.
- Day 4: 1½ hour on-ice session.
- Improve your shooting accuracy.
- Increase shooting power significantly.
- Learn and re-learn when, where, and how to execute the correct shot from the best location to score.
Learning proper body contact: When and when not to use the body, “shadowing”, controlling the slot area and use of angles. (body contact will be taught in a controlled environment at an age appropriate level)
Instructional small area games for application and enhancement of shooting, skating and passing skills.
Personal video analysis of your individual style and skills – a CAN/AM coach gives you specific input and skill development tips using video feedback.
- Stickhandle in tight areas and in the open ice with your head up.
3-4 hours of targeted off-ice hockey training daily including the following components:
Foot Speed, Agility Training & Flexibility:
- Agility stations including ladder drills, Gorilla steps, Dot Drill mats, Power Slide boards), core strengthening via medicine balls and resistance bands, balance and flexibility training.
- Improve your shooting accuracy off-ice with the Top Shot Interactive indoor shooting gallery.
- Increase shooting power with proper technique and repetition at our outdoor shooting gallery.
Techniques & Tactics:
- Designed to introduce and reinforce on-ice concepts used during situational and positional play. By introducing these physical elements off-ice, we can help skaters focus on the mental and physical skills involved without having to worry about on-ice distractions. This leads to a much greater understanding of the skill or concept in question.
- Learning of what "TEAM" means is an important part of developing hockey player. You will learn the importance of such critical hockey team skills as desire, cooperation, trust, motivation and just plain hard work towards a common goal. This program is under the supervision of our special Team Challenge staff and instruction is geared towards safety as a priority.
Interactive lectures focusing on your position and your questions. Topics covered:
- Review and critique of professional situations and breakdowns resulting in goals.
- Responsibilities of Forwards & Defensemen (Defensive, Neutral, and Offensive zones)
- Understand breakaway concepts and techniques. Know what to do when a goalie comes out from his net, how slowly or quickly to approach, what visual cues to look for and what final move to make.
- Detailed walkthroughs for:
- Attacking the zone (triangle and cycling).
- Face off positioning.
- Special teams.
- Understanding different goaltending styles and taking advantage of their weaknesses.
- Pre-game preparation, In-game focus, and development of mental toughness and a winning attitude.
- Learning from and bouncing back from a bad game.
- Hockey and higher education.
- Although hockey, both on and off the ice, is the focus at Camp, there are times set aside for recreation in order to relax, have fun and take a break from the concentrated hockey program.
Additional Package Details:
4 days 3 nights accommodations at double occupancy.
Camp registration 1:30pm-3:30pm and Opening Ceremonies on Day 1.
Opening day team dinner.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Day 2 & 3.
Breakfast on Day 4.
Closing activities on the third day of camp.
Closing Remarks, Awards Ceremonies, and Check-Out on the last day.
CAN/AM Camp souvenir.
Official CAN/AM camp jersey.
Personal Scouting Report: Detailed evaluation including coaches’ assessment based on your on-ice and off-ice progression.
Training workbook to supplement your on-ice training and to guide you through on and off-ice workouts for the upcoming season.
Day Camper Package:
Day camper schedules run from first ice to last ice, approximately an 8 hour day.
Includes all of the above program details except accommodations and certain meals.*
*Team dinner on Day 1 and one meal per day on Day 2 & 3 included. The daily meal offered falls in between ice sessions.
Super Day Camper Package:
Super Day camper schedules run from breakfast to the last activity of the day, a 12 to 14 hour day.
Includes all of the above program details except accommodations.
If you select both Mini Camp options you will not be assessed a stayover fee.
CAN/AM camp schedules include a full day of planned, organized activities from wake-up until bed-time. On-ice hockey training is supplemented with dynamic off-ice hockey training, lectures, and fitness work. Other fun recreation activities are also planned. Schedules are designed for age specific groups, matching activities to the campers’ ages.
There is constant supervision throughout the day and night. Counseling staff are with the group 24 hours a day, dedicated to the task of caring for your camper. Each activity is run by specific staff hired to focus solely on that activity, maximizing the potential for teaching and fun.